Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Bonecollector

Well it's been almost a month since the accident. I don't have any new pictures though. Frankly it doesn't look that different. The stitches are gone and the wounds are healing well. I have approximately 3 1/2 more weeks with the external fixtures and then cast time followed by a lot of PT. My doctor has put me in contact with a company in CA that makes a device called a "Bone Stimulator". It uses magnetic fields in increase bone groweth. I'm not sure if I qualify for the technology yet though, I should know in a few days. On a good note, I am getting range of motion in my ankle and can wiggle my toes quite well. I think that I'm getting callouses on my butt from sitting so long. O-well.

6 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Big A said...

If you don't get approved, I'm sure I could slap one together with some stuff I have laying around my basement.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger rburnsy said...

Funnything. Someone in the accounting dep. from DONJOY Othopedics called me yesterday and asked a few questions and then the rep for the company called me and wanted to know if he could come by on Friday morning to give it to me and go over the bone stimulators operation. This was NOT approved by my insurance but the Othepedic company is going to foot the bill. Can you say write off?

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Big A said...

rats. I was already starting to wire it up. :)

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Big A could probably enhance the product's effectiveness... increase the amps, volts, ohms, whatever.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Can you say experiment?

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Big A said...

I would do it for free too. In fact, I might pay you to let me juice it up a bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home